Classic Floor Designs on Saturday, November 28th, 2015
Plug it in. Turn it on. Vacuuming is really that easy, right?
Well, there might be just a bit more finesse to this routine chore including how, exactly, to vacuum those tricky shag rugs and how to get the perfect W cutline.
Check out this video to give you the inside scoop and become a vacuuming pro!
Traditionally, homes come standard with white ceilings. Utilitarian. Nondescript. But consider for a moment that the surface of the ceiling is a wonderful place to make a statement. Doing something different, even drastic, allows for an opportunity to showcase your style in a completely new way.
- Go bold with a dramatic color. Or punch it up just a notch with a pastel.
- Paper it! Adding pattern to the ceiling brings it to a whole new level.
- Invest in a mural: clouds, trees, geometrics… the sky is the limit!
- Include gorgeous light fixtures. They feel like art on the ceiling!
While the floor grounds the room, give your guests the chance to be intrigued by looking up!
Classic Floor Designs on Sunday, November 22nd, 2015
Autumn is one of our favorite times of year. Not only can we get the perfect spiced pumpkin latte, don our new boots, and cozy up with a soft scarf, but it is also that time of year when color trend forecasts for the coming year start to roll in. We love the excitement, the surprise, and the inspiration!
Benjamin Moore just released their 2016 Color of the Year and we think it is an interesting choice!
Take a peek and see what you think.
The original Flokati rugs are made from sheep’s wool, but synthetic versions are also popular in the marketplace. The natural color of a traditional Flokati rug is off white, but modern dye techniques allow them to be offered in a rainbow of colors.
Surprisingly easy to clean, Flokati rugs can be vacuumed with the beater brush turned off or spot cleaned with mild detergent. If small enough in size, Flokati can even be run through the washing machine. Most of the time, though, a good shake is all it needs.
Fun and fabulous, Flokati rugs work almost anywhere but are particularly well suited to modern spaces and children’s rooms.
In October, the home design industry held an event comparable to New York’s Fashion Week – the High Point Market. This assembly of over 75,000 design authorities including merchants, stylists, and other professionals in the home design industry results in a trade show like no other. The aim of the event? To glimpse first hand the fashions and highlights of chic home design for the coming season.
This event is THE event of the season for home design professionals – Showrooms cover 11.5 million square feet of event space and thousands of new products are introduced, this. Over 100 countries from all across the globe are represented, offering delightful diversity in design aesthetics throughout the show.
A not-to-be-missed gathering, High Point Market is the home décor destination of choice for many each year because according to High Point Market, “if you can’t find it in High Point…it probably doesn’t exist.”
To catch a glimpse of the wonderful variety of products, ideas and inspiration at this year’s show, take a look at this highlight reel:
Winter brings harsh weather and with all that ice, snow and rain, our floors can take a beating.
Following these four guidelines will help keep your floors in great shape all the way through the season.
- Line of Defense #1: Keep walkways and driveways clear of snow, ice and debris. The less there is to track in, the less there will be in the house.
- Line of Defense #2: Invest in a good doormat. A mat with enough friction will remove sand, dirt and salt from guests’ and family members’ shoes. This has the added benefit of keeping your doorways dry and safe.
- Line of Defense #3: Remove shoes. Even better than simply wiping feet is taking off all shoes at the door. A nice basket or bin can keep footwear organized.
- Line of Defense #4: Vacuum and sweep floors regularly. It is unavoidable. Some dirt, salt and sand will inevitably be tracked into the house. Being diligent with cleaning will preserve the floor.